Found a problem with your furniture, or changed your mind? To make the process much clearer and easier for you, we’ve put together a guide on what to do if you have ordered furniture and something’s gone wrong.
This will hopefully answer any questions you might have, but if you have any further questions then please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you out!
Please click on title below that best fits your query, and take a look at the information provided:
What if I wish to cancel my order?
We want you to be 100% happy with what you order from us, so if you change your mind after placing an order, or wish to cancel an order that has already been delivered to you, this is our cancellation policies:
- You can still cancel at any time before your order is dispatched, no matter the reason, and there is no cost
- You must cancel in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days from delivery
- Returned goods that were not cancelled in writing within 14 days will be returned to you for an administration fee of £49.
Returning cancelled items
- You are responsible for the cost of sending back the goods.
- You have statutory duty to take care of the goods. Damage or distress caused or allowed by you to the product may void your right to return the product.
- You are responsible for the security and safety of the goods until they are received back into our warehouse
- Cancelled orders where the goods are returned damaged, worn, scratched, or modified will be rejected and returned to you.
- If you do not use insurance and the goods are damaged or go missing you are fully responsible for the cost of the goods.
- Try to use the original packaging as this will help prevent any damage in transit.
- We recommend that goods should be sent by a recorded method of delivery as proof of return may be required.
- Any missing items, including manuals, will be charged to you so please make sure these are returned at the same time.
Speeding up your cancellation
- To speed up the identification of your product, the returns reference must be clearly highlighted on the outside of the package, in such a way that it does not damage the original product.
- If you return a product without an authorisation number, this can add further time and delays in processing the return, as refunds can't be made until we are sure the correct invoice has been found for the product.
What if something in my order is damaged, faulty or missing?
We understand how frustrating it is to find something is damaged, faulty and/or missing when unpacking your order. In order for us to get right on it and solve the problem for you, there are a few key things you MUST do:
1. Check you order on delivery
We cannot stress enough how vital it is to check your order on delivery. Whilst the driver is still there, give your product(s) a thorough all round check, as any damage needs to be reported immediately. Once your signature has been recorded by the courier, any damage stated afterwards is not covered by insurance.
Telling the courier of any damages during delivery is a wise move, as it can be more expensive to return large items later on, with the need for correct packaging.
2. Let us know of any problems within 5 days of delivery
if you decide not to open your order on the day of delivery, let us know of damages, faulty, or missing parts within 5 days of delivery, and we will do everything we can to sort it out.
3. Contact us with following information:
- Your order number!
- The name of the product
- In the case of a missing part, a description of the spare part required (please quote the part number on the assembly instructions where available).
What if I wish to return an item?
Whilst we advise you check the products as soon as they are delivered, we give you 14 days after the date of your delivery for you to let us know if you want to return a product.
To speed up the return process, it’s quicker to first get a Returns Number from email@example.com.
Items that need to be returned must be re-packaged in the packaging they came in on the day of delivery. If you no longer have the original packaging, or it’s too worse for wear to use again, it’s your responsibility to get packaging material that’s suitable for the safe transport of your order.
Please note: Once you have taken mattresses, mattress toppers and pillows out of their original packages, you cannot return them.
What is Rooms4kids returns policy?
- Return times:
Let must us know within 5 days of delivery if something is damaged, faulty, or missing from your order, and we will do all we can to help you out.
You also have 14 days since the day of the delivery to contact us if you decide you want to return some or all of your order.
- Return collection
We do not offer a collection service for returning an unused item, so you need to arrange with a carrier to return the item to us at your expense.
- Return condition
Please be aware that unwanted items must not have been used and must be received back in pristine condition so they can be resold.
Refunds are issued within 30 days of receipt of goods and ONLY after we have inspected them for damage.
If any of your items return looking like they’ve been used or damaged, the item will only sell at a reduced value, in which case you will charged for that loss.
We reserve the right to withhold all or part of your refund if items are returned damaged, so we encourage you to return your item in its original packaging. Please ensure the item is really well wrapped with sturdy and impact absorbing material.
Once you have taken mattresses, mattress toppers and pillows out of their original packages, you cannot return them. If you wish to test a mattress, mattress topper or pillow please keep it wrapped until you are sure you want to keep it.
- Return Fees on made-to-order items
Furniture with selected fabrics are made to order and have a 50% cancellation/returns fee, unless the order is cancelled within 1 week of placing your order.
What is Rooms4kids policy on refunds?
If you cancel your order before it has been delivered we will issue you with a refund subject to our policy on cancellations of made-to-order fabric items (50% refund if cancelled after one week from placing your order).
If you cancel your order or ask for a return after you have received your goods we will issue you with a refund once the goods have been returned to us. A collection charge of £40 will be deducted from your refund.
Sit tight because refunds may take up to 30 days to process. This gives us time to check for any potential damages to the returned order. The amount of your refund will depend on whether the returned items are still in good condition.
What warranties do you offer?
- All of our products come with a full manufacturer's warranty.
- These vary in length but are for a minimum of one year.
- Getting warranty will depend on the item, the nature of the problem you have with your item, the manufacturer, and your location.
- Further details on manufacturer's warranties will generally be attached when you get your new furniture.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
What if I wish to make a complaint?
At Rooms4kids, we always try our hardest to provide customers with the best service possible, so we’re sorry if something goes wrong. If for any reason you’re not satisfied, we would like to hear from you. If you’d like to contact us please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org